One can apply for Canadian Immigration through two different programs, one is Express Entry and the other one is Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).
Express Entry: There are three programs under Express Entry Program.
1. Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
2. Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
3. Canadian Experience Class Program (CEC)
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
It is an online application system under Express Entry introduced in 2015. This program helps the Immigrants to process their application on fast track. FSW allows the Immigrants to be considered by Canada as a Skilled Immigrant. Immigrants with the highest ranking are Invited To Apply for permanent residency.
- An applicant has to first determine their eligibility to enter into the Express Entry Pool of candidates. The eligibility is determined on the basis on six (6) selection factors set by CIC.
- Those who are selected will receive an ITA.
- Once you receive an ITA within 60 days the entire documents as to be submitted online by paying the fees.
- The document verification and background check will take around 5/6 months at least. In some cases the processing time can be longer.
- In case, an applicant is not having sufficient points to receive an ITA then they can opt for a PNP. If a PNP nominates the applicant then the candidate will get additional 600 points which will their chances of selection.
- PNP application is based upon the factors such as skills, work experience and education.
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
This program is designed for skilled workers who intent become permanent residents based on being qualified in a skilled trade.
- Must have a minimum of CLB-5 in Listening and Speaking and CLB-4 in Reading and Writing.
- Must have at least 2 years of work experience in a skilled trade within the last 5 years of application.
- Must meet the job requirement for that skilled trade as set out in the NOC.
- Must have a full-time job offer letter for a period of at least 1 year or a certificate of qualification issued by Canadian Provincial, territorial or federal authority in that skilled trade.
- Canadian Experience Class Program
CEC is a popular immigration program that helps Canada’s temporary foreign workers and international graduates to obtain Permanent Residency status. CEC provides a path for those who are already living and working in Canada.
- Should at least 1 year of full-time or equal amount of part-time experience in last 3 years in Canada.
- Should meet the minimum language requirements. For jobs with NOC 0 & A the applicant must have at least CLB-7 and for jobs with NOC B the applicant must have at least CLB-5.
- Should have at least a Canadian Secondary (High School) or Post-Secondary Certificate of Diploma/ Degree.
- An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report by any agency approved by Canadian Citizenship & Immigration (CIC).